Subject: Re: RiscPC & Xserver testing
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/03/1999 11:10:05
Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> Hmm, how about a tool that read the MDF file and used it to write
> modelines into the XF86Config file?  They you would be able to switch
> screen resolutions at will once the server had started.

That's sounds like a reasonable idea apart from the fact that the MDF
mode description format is tuned to the VIDC20. How well does the XF86
modeline map onto the VIDC20 mode configuration? It may be easier to
have an MDF file + a server config file to specify keymaps and default
resolution and display depth. It would be nice if the server could
support the XF86 style resolution switching although I suspect it may
not be possible.

Mike