Subject: Xvidc server mark2
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@brini.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/02/1999 02:07:55
Hi,
  Ok done a bit more playing and I have a new server for folks to test
which I will put on line just a soon as ftp.netbsd.org recovers..
I'll send another mail when I get it online.

This new one has a couple of extra features.

Right ALT - Right CTRL - BACKSPACE will kill the X server.
The bell now works (not high on the fix it list but it was simple)
Mouse acceleration works (xset m)
16bpp support (TrueColor visual)
1bpp support (sort of but still a tad broken).

In order to run 16bpp you need to use (or build) the setdisplay util
problem so that you can set new x,y,depth for the console. I'm sure folks
know the one I mean. i.e. it works the same way as the old X server did.

Note: one thing that folks may find slightly odd with the 16bpp is the
weighing is 6-5-5 rather than the 5-6-5 the RiscPC uses may be more
familiar with.

Also note there is a bug somewhere in the 16bpp rendering code. This
problem was visible in the old server and is still in the new one so if
you find a number of pixels not being redrawn when you drag a window that
is why. As to the cause ... no idea at mo especially as it is use the MI
cfb16 code.

1bpp sort of works though I currently have the problem that the X server
draws the pixels in a 32 bit word in the opposite order to that which the
VIDC20 uses to send the to the screen so the display looks stuffed...

I still need to work out why the CAPS lock key is acting more like a shift
key ...

Cheers,
				Mark

PS. Since this appears to work I will try and get in committed tomorrow.