Subject: Re: Installing 1.4
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Knott <simonk@dynarx.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/28/1999 19:13:18
In message <Pine.NEB.3.96.990528020234.3602D-100000@pain.devlab.nc.com>
          Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 May 1999, Simon Knott wrote:
>
> > 2) Will it print? ( I can't get 1.3.2 or 1.2 to work )
> hmm as I am sure users hate me saying "works for me" ;-)
hmm any chance of looking at your /etc/printcap file.  Im using
/dev/lpt0 and things just sit in the queue and the printer status is
offline or words to that effect.

> Before DSL I used to use a ppp dialup invoking pppd with something
> like
>
> /usr/sbin/pppd lock modem crtscts /dev/tty00 115200 asyncmap 20A0000
> escape FF kdebug 0 noipdefault netmask $NETMASK nodefaultroute connect
> $DIALER_SCRIPT
>
> and a dialer scrip that used chat
[SNIP useful example]

I've discovered chat but in attempting to use it to send an AT command
and echo the response the process seems to hang for a while and then
return to the prompt without doing anything.  I've just thought of
something do you have to redirect stdin and stdout to /dev/tty00?

--
 Simon     |  simonk@dynarx.demon.co.uk       |  PGP public key available
           |  http://www.dynarx.demon.co.uk   |

There is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man - man himself.
--Lazarus Long