Subject: Re: Installing 1.4 (fwd)
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Cowdery <chris@cowdery.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/28/1999 18:20:44
> I am having problems with pppd and NetBSD1.4/arm32.  Has anyone got
> pppd working with this version of NetBSD?  I can get pppd to dial in
> to my Univeristy dial-in line and connect successfully.  At that point
> the kernel networking code hangs, and no net software (ping, telnet,
> ssh..., even over the ethernet card) will make a successful connection
> until I kill the pppd, at which point I can use ping, telnet etc over
> the ethernet again.  If the recent patch to the NetBSD1.4 kernel net
> system does not fix this problem, I will submit a PR about it.

I am using pppd on a RiscPC with no problems. I've used Mike Pumfords
script on http://www.black-star.demon.co.uk. I'm using the ethernet
(I-cubed) at the same time, and I've rolled a kernel to allow ip-nat
to work.

It all works fine for me. But I did have some problems on the way,
however, none like yours.

(Note I'm using Demon Internet too, so the scripts will be fine)

--