Subject: Re: Installing 1.4
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/28/1999 15:30:23
> On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 11:17:26AM +0100, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> > >
> > This brings up two questions:
> >
> > 1) Amd can be used to mount local discs (type:=ufs;dev:=/dev/...). Does
> > anyone know how to make amd do mounts of this type directly on a root
> > directory (so that I could make the slow disks demand-mounted)?  Ie, what
> > I want to achieve is the equivalent of the fstab entry:
> >
> > 	/dev/wd0f       /work   ffs     rw              1 2
>
> use a symbolic link work->/amdisks/work, I think.

That's the only solution I can think of too.  Unfortunately it means that
the mount point isn't really where you think it is (like nfs automounts)
so it can make other things behave differently (eg, making /usr/src an
automounted file system would change the behaviour of make obj).

It might be possible to make it work with a loopback filesystem; but I'm
still investigating that.