Subject: Re: Installing 1.4
To: None <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/28/1999 11:37:08
Hi Richard,

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> Because it keeps locking the machine, testing for this is a pain for me
> cos of the time it takes to keep re fsck-ing the discs.

Hmmm. I was told to have "/" , "/usr", "/var" and "/tmp" on different
partitions so you could mount the big ones read-only when trying; as far
as I know, netbsd boots ok with all mounts read-only exept /tmp and /var;
since they are rel. small (64 + 128 M in my case). Checking them is very
fast. So you could think of expirimenting with your dev. code in
/var/whatever and syncing before you try to crash it :-)

Cheers,

Reinoud