Subject: Re: -current kernels and ARM710
To: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/28/1999 01:49:02
On Fri, 28 May 1999, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:

> I've downloaded the kernel and unzipped it, copied it to /netbsd, made
> sure I booted from the /netbsd kernel, booted .... and it froze at the
> same place :-( (...) it just say's mapping .... and dies completely, just
> like the `old' NetBSD 1.4 kernels I tried.
Grr.

> I must say I do have a RISCPC; are you sure I'm booting for RiscPC :-) ??
> or is `Voyager' your machine's name ??

Yep voyager is my original well travelled RiscPC that was the first
machine running NetBSD/arm32.

Since putting up that last kernel I have made progress and have managed to
boot an rev 5 ARM610 as well so I believe I know where in the code the
problem lies but as yet I don't know why it only affects ARM610's and some
ARM710's

I should have another kernel to try shortly...

Cheers,
				Mark