Subject: Writing a bus driver and device drivers
To: 'port-arm32@netbsd.org' <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Martin <BruceM@cat.co.za>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/28/1999 09:29:35

------ =_NextPart_001_01BEA8DB.D756B4C0

I have been writing an xbus driver for the EBSA285 StrongArm110 Board. I
have managed to get the xbus to attach to the footbridge, and one device
to attach to xbus fine. However, as soon as I try to get 2 devices
attached to the xbus, there are problems.

My question: does xbus_probe_bus(self) need to call config_found_sm for
each device to be searched for. If I call config_found_sm once, I get
one attach, but if I call it twice, my system hangs with:
	panic: Prefetch abort in non-USR mode (frame=0xf010ecc8)
	The operating system has halted.
	Please press any key to reboot.

Both my devices have match functions that return 1 regardless, so they
should always match successfully.

Thanks
  Bruce

------ =_NextPart_001_01BEA8DB.D756B4C0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.1960.3">
<TITLE>Writing a bus driver and device drivers</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have been writing an xbus driver for the EBSA285 =
StrongArm110 Board. I have managed to get the xbus to attach to the =
footbridge, and one device to attach to xbus fine. However, as soon as =
I try to get 2 devices attached to the xbus, there are =
problems.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>My question: does xbus_probe_bus(self) need to call =
config_found_sm for each device to be searched for. If I call =
config_found_sm once, I get one attach, but if I call it twice, my =
system hangs with:</FONT></P>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>panic: =
Prefetch abort in non-USR mode (frame=3D0xf010ecc8)</FONT>
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>The =
operating system has halted.</FONT>
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>Please =
press any key to reboot.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Both my devices have match functions that return 1 =
regardless, so they should always match successfully.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp; Bruce </FONT>
</P>