Subject: Re: NetBSD/Arm32 FAQ update
To: Paul Wain <paul.wain@nc.com>
From: David G. Andersen <danderse@cs.utah.edu>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/21/1999 15:03:10
On the firmware / booting issue:

   If your firmware is older than Feb, 1998, you're probably bumping
into a bug in the old firware.  This bug was worked around in the
DEC-provided NetBSD 1.3 patches, but is not in NetBSD 1.4.  The proper
solution is to upgrade your firmware to Feb, 1998 or later.

[ Unfortunately, I don't have a good answer to the obtaining the
firmware question.  I've signed the license for it, but I can't
distribute it.]

You might also consider taking information from or linking to the
Shark FAQ:

http://www.duh.org/shark/faq/shark-faq.html

It's out of date, but it has some nice hardware information/links.

   -Dave

--
work: danderse@cs.utah.edu                     me:  angio@pobox.com
      University of Utah                            http://www.angio.net/