Subject: Re: Diskless SHARK wedging
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: David G. Andersen <danderse@cs.utah.edu>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/21/1999 11:00:38
Start it up with a monitor and keyboard attached, so you can see any
errors it spits out.  It's likely that you'll see an error from the
ethernet driver about running out of buffer space (or something
similar), from when your process started swapping over NFS.  It
generates enough NFS traffic in a low-memory condition that the driver
gets a bit fudged, and is unable to interact with the network to page
anything back in or back out.

But check it out for yourself - you may have a different problem.

(Keep meaning to report this one myself).

  -Dave

--
work: danderse@cs.utah.edu                     me:  angio@pobox.com
      University of Utah                            http://www.angio.net/