Subject: Re: FAQ (Was Re: Network query)
To: Paul Wain <Paul.Wain@nc.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/18/1999 10:47:56
Paul Wain <Paul.Wain@nc.com> writes:
> 1 - What is the correct URL for getting Shark based tar files from
> DEC/Compaq for things like say new firmware and the original X server.

For the original X server, you should really point them to:

http://www.research.digital.com/src/iag/

so they get to see the agreement that they have to agree to to access
the web pages.

The firmware files are _not_ generally available via that site.
I know how to get to them, but it's not clear to me whether or not i'm
supposed to say.  8-)  There's also an end-user license that has
to go along with them.

cgd