Subject: Re: Installing 1.4 and Connect32
To: Martin Kaletsch <kaletsch@Mathematik.Uni-Marburg.de>
From: Leo Smiers <L.Smiers@cable.A2000.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/17/1999 20:03:04
On Sun 16 May, Martin Kaletsch wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I just downloaded the RiscBSD Kernel 1.4 and the essential binarys and for
> some hours have been trying to install the system.
>
> I hoped that it was possible to mount one of my SCSI-Drives (Quantum Fireball
> HD, Syquest EZ135 on Connect 32 SCSI 2 Hardwar 1.01 Software 0.22) during
> installation and install the binarys from there. The BSD-partition shall be
> on my IDE HD (on motherboard controller).
>
> All that is happening on an SA-RPC with 24 MB RAM and 2 MB VRAM.
>
> I booted into the install kernel okay, but then it is not possible to
> mount_filecore my SCSI drives. Everytime I try, the computer just freezes.
> The same happens when I try to mount my SCSI CD-ROM.
The Connect32 driver in the distributed kernel is broken. I have made a fix
and sent it to Mark.

To be of any help now I have put the kernel I use at my
website. This is not a install kernel and I have removed some drivers I do
not need. This kernel was built from sup sources at 14 may.

I must warn you I have not tried this kernel with SCSI discs
only with CDROM's and a tape drive so I can not garanty anything. If you
lose any data I will not be responsible!

I hope this is of any help to you. The url is http://people.a2000.nl/lsmiers

I will build a normal RISCPC kernel as soon as I have sent this mail. When
ready I will replace the RAVEL kernel tomorrow with the RISCPC one.

Leo

--
Leo Smiers
Software Engineer                          bv Nederland Haarlem