Subject: Re: NetWinder functionality?
To: John Todd <jtodd@loligo.com>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/06/1999 15:10:27
On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, John Todd wrote:

> I've been through the archives of the list, and I see quite a bit of
> discussion about the Corel NetWinder (now HCC) box, but I don't see
> anything that quantitatively says that the NetBSD port will work on
> this device.

Nope it has not been tested of this box. The core support is present in
NetBSD i.e. for the SA110 / DC21285 and various PCI devices but a NetBSD
bringup has not been tried.

I have said before that if someone will loan me a box I would get the
Netwinder support done.

> Does anyone have any concrete experiences or pointers to resources
> for getting NetBSD running on these little boxes?  I'm not very keen
> on running Linux on these boxes, if only for consistency of OS flavor
> in my network.

Well the EBSA285 or CATS kernel configurations would be a good place to
start. As far as I am aware the only real problem will be booting the
kernel and having the environment setup suitably when the kernel is
entered.

How does the firmware on the Netwinder work ?

Cheers,
				Mark