Subject: Booting a DNARD over DHCP.
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mainka <thomas.mainka@gmx.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/06/1999 19:37:20
Hi!

I'm new to this list so please excuse me if this is the wrong list for these
questions:

We have several of those digital DNARD boxes (I think you call them SHARK)
here and are trying to make use of them. I have set up a BOOTP/DHCP-Server
and an NFS-Server for these boxes and it works quite well. However, when I
boot a NetBSD1.4-Kernel the system crashes while booting. Looks like it does
not like the old firmware of these boxes (August 1997), but I don't know
where I can get a newer firmware. Any hints?

When I boot an older Kernel (1.3.2) the Kernel loads, but hangs when it
tries to mount "^C" from the server as swap filesystem. How do I tell the
kernel which NFS-Server and/or directory to use for swap/root? Is there a
way to configure this through DHCP/BOOTP? I'd like to have the configuration
in my DHCP-Server so that only authorized (read: root) personnel can change
it.

Any hints appreciated!

  thomas.