Subject: Re: Connect32 status
To: Sebastian Maus <maus@iphcip1.physik.uni-mainz.de>
From: Leo Smiers <L.Smiers@cable.A2000.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/22/1999 19:20:04
On Thu 22 Apr, Sebastian Maus wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Leo Smiers wrote:
> > I have a QIC tape drive and a CD-Rom player attached to the Connect32 card.
> > And this is what I have experienced sofar:
> > Both devices are detected by the driver and bound to the scsi bus. I can
> > rewind and retension a tape using the mt commands (mt -f /dev/rs0 rewind),
> > but when I try to access a tar-file 'tar' get stuck. Also when I try to mount
> > the cdrom 'mount' get stuck. As a result of this (sometimes) netbsd becomes
> > instable.
> I think that it would be of interest what kernel you use. I didn't even

I use an 1.4 ALPHA kernel last supped at 14 april.

> get that far with 1.3-current kernels as they stopped while detecting the
> Connect32 podule.
> But contrary to others, I didn't have any serious problem accessing my
> SCSI CDROM via the Connect32 with the September 8 VOYAGER-SCSI-TEST
> kernel. I didn't use any more complicated hardware, though, like streamers
> etc.

I have never tried that kernel 8-) and I think it is now too late with
because of all the 1.4 binaries I have. But I am downloading this kernel
now and will try it any way.

> In this respect I would also be interested in whether the Connect32 driver
> code has changed in recent kernels (i.e. 1.4 ones, modified the way the
> VOYAGER-SCSI-TEST kernel was) or not and whether recent changes affect the
> SCSI interface code.
>
> Still trying to set up a Connect32-SCSI-system running NetBSD/arm32,
>              -Sebastian-

Leo

--
Leo Smiers
Software Engineer                          bv Nederland Haarlem