Subject: Re: Connect32 status
To: Leo Smiers <L.Smiers@cable.A2000.nl>
From: Sebastian Maus <maus@iphcip1.physik.uni-mainz.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/22/1999 12:37:16
On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Leo Smiers wrote:
> I have a QIC tape drive and a CD-Rom player attached to the Connect32 card.
> And this is what I have experienced sofar:
> Both devices are detected by the driver and bound to the scsi bus. I can
> rewind and retension a tape using the mt commands (mt -f /dev/rs0 rewind),
> but when I try to access a tar-file 'tar' get stuck. Also when I try to mount
> the cdrom 'mount' get stuck. As a result of this (sometimes) netbsd becomes
> instable.
I think that it would be of interest what kernel you use. I didn't even
get that far with 1.3-current kernels as they stopped while detecting the
Connect32 podule.
But contrary to others, I didn't have any serious problem accessing my
SCSI CDROM via the Connect32 with the September 8 VOYAGER-SCSI-TEST
kernel. I didn't use any more complicated hardware, though, like streamers
etc.
In this respect I would also be interested in whether the Connect32 driver
code has changed in recent kernels (i.e. 1.4 ones, modified the way the
VOYAGER-SCSI-TEST kernel was) or not and whether recent changes affect the
SCSI interface code.

Still trying to set up a Connect32-SCSI-system running NetBSD/arm32,
             -Sebastian-
--
Dieser Bescheid wurde nicht maschinell erstellt.
Er ist ohne Unterschrift gueltig.

Thanks for developing NetBSD/arm32 to everybody involved.