Subject: Connect32 status
To: NetBSD port-arm32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Smiers <L.Smiers@cable.A2000.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/21/1999 20:14:01
I know this has been asked before but I have not seen a possitive answer
sofar. So could any one tell me what the status is of the Connect32
Scsi driver.

I have a QIC tape drive and a CD-Rom player attached to the Connect32 card.
And this is what I have experienced sofar:
Both devices are detected by the driver and bound to the scsi bus. I can
rewind and retension a tape using the mt commands (mt -f /dev/rs0 rewind),
but when I try to access a tar-file 'tar' get stuck. Also when I try to mount
the cdrom 'mount' get stuck. As a result of this (sometimes) netbsd becomes
instable.

Is someone fixing (or has planned fixing) the driver? Maybe it has been
fixed already but the changes have not been committed (I keep my fingers
crossed) to the source tree.

thanks

Leo

--
Leo Smiers
Software Engineer                          bv Nederland Haarlem