Subject: Re: 1.4 ALPHA kernel chrashes
To: NetBSD port-arm32 <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/11/1999 00:43:09
On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 10:07:19PM +0200, Leo Smiers wrote:
> It crashes after it has printed the wd0 probing messages but before it prints
> the wd1 probing messages. The messages it prints are:
>
> 	panic: Prefetch abort in non_USR mode (frame = 0xf01aa9e8)
>
> 	stopped in at 0xf0148090: ldmb r11, {r11, r13, r15}
>
> 	db>  console_kbd = 0
>
> The debugger does not respond to any keyboard input. The only thing it
> responds to is the reset button.
Remove the (newly enabled as default) rnd pseudo device. I stumbled across the
same promblem. I've #'ed the rnd device in my config file, config'ed && compiled
a new kernel - et voila: It boots again. :-)

I'm going to fill out a pr about this in a few minutes.
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.