Subject: NetBSD 1.4Alpha kernel bug
From: Timothy Coltman <tim@auroral.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/10/1999 13:48:39
Hello,

I have had a go trying out the 1.4Alpha kernel and there seems to be
a bug in it when using it with a RISC-PC and a Simtec IDE card. The
kernel refuses to recognise the attached hard drives and asks me
where I want to boot from (a memory disc, scsi disc, floppy or cdrom).
Not very useful. Apparently this can be fixed by reverting to an older
version (thinks) of wdc.c (or something).

Can this be fixed for the 1.4 Proper release, please? I don't really
want to have to stick with 1.3 whilst everyone else has fun with later
and greater versions.

Cheers,
tim

--