Subject: Re: Problems with Simtec IDE card and 19990315 kernel
To: Timothy Coltman <tim@auroral.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/03/1999 23:17:20
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem using my Simtec IDE card with the 19990315 kernel. The
> boot messages are fine up to when it scans my podules on my RISC-PC, then
> I get the following message:
>
> simide0 at podulebus0 [podule 1]: card/cable fault (d8) - addr
>
> Then I get this prompt:
>
> root device:
>
> And I can choose from md0, sd0, cd0 and fd0 (plus an a-h suffix).

I have this problem as well. I reverted to an older wdc.c to get things going
again and forgot I had done this. The last version of dev/ic/wdc.c that works
for me is version 1.60. All versions after this detect the controller but
fail to find the devices attached to it.

I'm happy to send a PR on this if it would help especially given the proximity
of the 1.4 release.

Mike