Subject: Problems with Simtec IDE card and 19990315 kernel
From: Timothy Coltman <tim@auroral.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/03/1999 13:14:57
Hello,

I have a problem using my Simtec IDE card with the 19990315 kernel. The
boot messages are fine up to when it scans my podules on my RISC-PC, then
I get the following message:

simide0 at podulebus0 [podule 1]: card/cable fault (d8) - addr

Then I get this prompt:

root device:

And I can choose from md0, sd0, cd0 and fd0 (plus an a-h suffix).

Older kernels work fine. I use at present a kernel that someone built
on about March 6th (can't remember their name, sorry) along with the
19990315 snapshot set files, plus top and ps from the March 6th snapshot.

Is this a bug with the kernel or a fault with my system? (Looks like
a bug to me). Will this be fixed in the 1.4Alpha distribution?

Cheers,
tim

--
tim@auroral.freeserve.co.uk