Subject: Re: RiscPC boot freeze
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/31/1999 09:35:13
Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>  wrote:
 > Patrick Welche wrote:
 > >
 > > When booting a kernel freshly supped from sup.de.netbsd.org, I get a
 > > freeze after
 > >
 > > root file system type: ffs
 > >
 > > and the blank line thereafter (ie., 2 disk accesses?). This is on a
 > > RiscPC with rev K StrongARM. Just FYI, as reverted to working 1.3I
 > >
 > I can't get that far. Mine hangs while allocating buffers.

I'm running a -current arm32 kernel on my shark from yesterdays sources
modulo a 1.155 com.c as directed by Matt... It wouldn't boot without the
com.c reverted... Matt has since reverted the com.c changes in the tree
so 'try again' I say...

I'm also running Mark Fosters A/V code and am able to execute shell
commands triggered by pointing my Sony remote control at it and pushing
buttons...