Subject: Re: StrongARM K bug
To: Philip Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk>
From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <linux@arm.linux.org.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/30/1999 19:41:22
Philip Blundell writes:
> Changing a surface mount StrongARM isn't impossible.  There are plenty of
> companies who will change that sort of chip for you, and it's possible to hand
> solder them if you have a steady hand and a magnifier.

This is something I would strongly not recommend *anyone* even think about
attempting unless you are experienced at surface mount soldering/desoldering.
The chances of buggering it up by doing it by hand are close to 95%

PLCC devices are bad enough, PQFP devices are impossible to even solder
without the right equipment (ie, SMT air iron).

PS, don't include me in the CC!  I already have enough mail, thanks.
   _____
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\