Subject: Fast Disk Write Code
To: 'port-arm32@netbsd.org' <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Martin <BruceM@cat.co.za>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/16/1999 17:21:41

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE6FC1.FE34F450

I'm looking for a starting point with block disk writes. I
have sd0b with info on, and I have made a 25 meg partition,
sd0c, that is empty. As a start, all I want to so is take
the first 20 megs on info on sd0b, dump them in RAM (I have
64MB RAM), and then dump the RAM contents to sd0c. Does
anybody out there have any code snippets that would do that
sort of thing e.g. code that dumps data from RAM to a
certain partition?

Thanks
 Bruce

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE6FC1.FE34F450

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>Fast Disk Write Code</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm looking for a starting point with block disk =
writes. I have sd0b with info on, and I have made a 25 meg partition, =
sd0c, that is empty. As a start, all I want to so is take the first 20 =
megs on info on sd0b, dump them in RAM (I have 64MB RAM), and then dump =
the RAM contents to sd0c. Does anybody out there have any code snippets =
that would do that sort of thing e.g. code that dumps data from RAM to =
a certain partition?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;Bruce</FONT>
</P>