Subject: Re: Invalid filesystem superblock
To: None <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
From: Neil A. Carson <carson@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/13/1999 21:37:12
On Sat, 13 Mar 1999 kim@pvv.ntnu.no wrote:

> I get "Invalid filesystem superblock", both when booting and using
> unixfs on RiscOS on my RISCPC.
>
> I know the filesystem is O.K. except for this thing.
> How do I salvage the few files I need?
>
> So much for playing with disklabel on another disk.

Canj you boot off a non-native kernel and still come up in single user
mode? If so, you can get disklabel to restore the label from a duplicate
location (eg I think there is always one at 32 I think). If you don't know
the superblock backup offsets then you can always newfs the partition with
a special flag that gets newfws to physically not write to the disc, but
go through the motions anyway.

	Neil