Subject: PostgreSQL
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew McMurry <a.mcmurry1@physics.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/10/1999 14:03:31
Has anyone managed to get PostgreSQL installed under NetBSD/arm32?

When I try building the package from the package system, it crashes in
the middle of the build, with a '_TAS undefined' linker error.  I
looked up to see what 'TAS' was, and it is defined as a macro on i386,
alpha, spark, etc. that calls a function tas, which contains some
assembly code to use a test and set opcode. I tried using the SWP and
SWPB ARM instructions to implement tas(), and that allowed PostgreSQL
to build, but on trying to build the template database, it crashed
when trying to get a spin lock (which is what tas() is used for).

I also tried building MySQL, but that fails in the MIT-PThreads
package.

	Andrew