Subject: Re: Shark: How to boot from local disk?
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/07/1999 11:08:21
On Sun, 7 Mar 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

: I just got a disk for my shark, and wonder how to set it up to boot from
: local disk. Can the OFW boot from NetBSD ufs partitions,

Yes.  Boot disk:\netbsd instead of disk:\boot, or hard-link (not symlink)
/netbsd to /boot.  HOWEVER, the Shark cannot yet auto-detect the root
partition on wd0a, hence the "config netbsd root on wd0a" line and the
resultant netbsd_wdboot kernel.

: What about \boot? The latest -current build didn't give me anything in
: /usr/mdec, is there some bootcode available anywhere?

No.  The Shark boots the NetBSD kernel directly.  `It was designed to do
so.'  8-)