Subject: SOLVED! Compiling on a buggy SA Risc PC!!!
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Coles <andrew@andycole.force9.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/27/1999 19:31:19
As far as I can tell I've just worked out how to get the NetBSD 1.3.2 C/C++
compiler to work on my bugged StrongARM Risc PC. No recompiling required,
no downloads, just a few compiler flags. I've tried it on a few things

- Qt Beta version 2, CVS download from today.
- pnglib + zlib
- A mandlebrot set generator I wrote in C

Here goes:

g++ -c -I/usr/local/qt/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -fno-strength-reduce
-Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -o filename.o filename.c

The includes may be unnecessary. Give it a spin. I'll try later, but I'm in
'doze right now.

gcc is beyond repair as far as I can tell. Use g++, which works for all 20
or so C files I've tried. Your milage may vary.

Regards,

A happier-than-usual Andrew