Subject: Re: link.h
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/26/1999 01:53:08
I spent today doing make builds on one of my 32MB Sharks that's netbooted
on a -current (compiled yesterday with gcc 2.7.x) kernel. I started from
the Xmas Eve '98 static world snapshot that Todd provided. It's been
utterly stable, so far; no strange compiler deaths.

Q: is wscons not ready for prime-time on the Shark?

bind8 triggered a compiler bug, so I've built and installed egcs, along
with lex, yacc, and other necessary build tools. bind8's named also
complained about multiply defined symbols; I seem to recall someone
suggesting that bind4 be used until shared library support is fixed again.

Once world builds from the standard NetBSD source tree are made to work, I
can generate regular builds, as I do for sparc & sun3...

	time for bed,

	Erik