Subject: Re: 1224 Snapshot/Toolchain Questions
To: Mark J. Foster <mfoster@mail.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/06/1999 00:15:39
On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Mark J. Foster wrote:

: I've finally managed to get a SHARK kernel built from the 1224 snapshot,
: and I would like to move on to shared libs.  Is it possible for folks to
: list the precise problems they're having with the system which inhibit
: shared lib creation, in as much detail as possible (i.e. specific
: assembler bugs, bind bugs, etc)?

If `as --version' reports 2.8.1, you need to fetch a different version of
`as'.  I believe the one in the 1224 snapshot is correct (it's 2.9 based).
If not, a working -current `as' can be had at:

    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/as.working