Subject: RE: Questions about sound, MIDI and top.
To: 'richard.earnshaw@arm.com' <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Gilbert, Christopher <GilbeC@tetraworld.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/04/1999 17:15:41

Somewhere I did have a driver that did vaguely work.  If I remember it did
play files, the biggest problem was that the beep then didn't work.  I never
got around to submitting it or sorting out the beep problem.  I don't think
it had a volume control either, there was rather a lack of docs on the RPC
motherboard and how the VIDC and sound filtering worked on it. I'll try and
dig it out.  At the moment I've not got a working NetBSD system, so I've no
idea how easily the driver would slot into the tree as it stands (I did this
pre UVM)

As for the M2 it may be possible but it needs someone to get some technical
info on it, and a card to try things out.  I know that midi exists on the
i386 side so I imagine that there's some std device driver for reading and
writing midi.

Chris

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and may not represent those of the company.

This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it is confidential. It is intended only for the named recipient. You are advised not to disclose the contents of this e-mail to another pers
on or take copies of it.