Subject: DMA Channel for SHARK Ethernet?
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/04/1999 14:32:49
Could someone please tell me which DMA channel is normally allocated by
the firmware on a SHARK to the Ethernet?  My shark has old firmware which
doesn't have the dma property set on the device.  The code then defaults
to not using DMA on this device.

Looking at the source code, it would appear that the the dma property
should contain 5 values (request channel, mode, width, count width and
busmaster), but only the first of these (the channel number) seems to be
used by the cs89x0 driver.

I have managed to get things working by just forcing it to channel 5, but
in order to generate the patch I'd like to use the number normally
assigned.

Finally, does anyone know what work would be involved in making the Shark
IDE interface use DMA?

Richard.