Subject: Compiling big programs
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: David Forbes <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/03/1999 22:47:01
I've been trying to compile a program I downloaded which has a lot of
local variables in main()...about 8Mb worth.  It compiles okay, but when I
come to run it, it SEGVs before doing anything.

gdb backtrace tells me:

__main()
__start()

Presumably, it's having trouble with all the local variables.  Is there
any way around this?  (Other than rewriting the program...)

I've tried specifying -static and using ulimit, both to no avail.

I'm using a 1.3I system from the beginning of January with egcs-1.1.1 on
my CATS system, which isn't heavily loaded or anything like that.  The
program is known to work on a HP-UX system.

Thanks,

David.