Subject: Shared library errors
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Cully <shmit@kublai.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/29/1999 22:11:38
What does this message mean, and why do I get it with most of the
shared libraries I try to build?

[SNIP]
building shared bz2 library (version 0.0)
ld -x -shared  -o libbz2.so.0.0    --whole-archive libbz2_pic.a --no-whole-archive
ld: libbz2_pic.a(bzlib.so): gotslot at 0x8 is multiple valued: 0x20 vs 0x228
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
[SNIP]

I've built the world statically from to-day's sup, and got this message
with the tools built from that run, so it's still going on.

At this point, I don't really care if it's fixed soon (since I'm just
going to recompile everything statically anyway), but I'm really curious
as to what's going on here.

-bjc