Subject: Psion 5
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew McMurry <a.mcmurry1@physics.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/29/1999 12:41:22
I see that the people have got Linux booting on the Psion 5.
(http://www.calcaria.net/). They have updated their bootloader program
from what it used to be, and I might be able to get my NetBSD port to
boot now. At the time that I did the work, the bootloader wasn't good
enough, and not having a W95 or NT machine, I couldn't use the EPOC
development kit to produce my own.

I don't have much time available at the moment, though, so if any one
else is interested in helping get NetBSD/arm32 working on the Psion 5,
please contact me.

My code is very basic, and doesn't yet support the screen or keyboard,
however, the serial port is supported, and a comms program on another
machine can be used as a console.

	Andrew