Subject: Re: Relabling a disc
To: M.E.Clinch <mec@chigwell.demon.co.uk>
From: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/29/1999 08:25:17
On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, M.E.Clinch wrote:

> We have a cats server and would like to divide up the first/system
> hard drive.
> I have been led to believe that I can relabel the last partition ( e:)
> to create two additional entries (f: and g: ) with no damage to other
> partitions ie (a: through to c: we do not have a d:).

If you mean to split your current 'e' partition into three pieces, 'e',
'f' and 'g', then go right ahead. As long as you only reallocate the
blocks presently used by 'e', the other partitions will not be affected by
re-writing the disklabel.

To be on the safe side though, I'd backup the whole drive, not just /usr.

Cheers, Steve