Subject: Re: labeling of IDE disc fails..
To: None <Jan-Uwe.Finck@bigfoot.de>
From: Andrew Coles <andrew@andycole.force9.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/23/1999 15:13:16
Previously featured in this mailing list regarding installing on a Risc PC
>  Labeling disk wd1...wd1: Invalid partition format
>  disklabel : this is a filecore only disk - cannot label
>  :No such file or directory
>
>  It seems, I missed something...
>  What has to be done before running the Inst-kernel ?
>  Any labeling of the disc or fomatting it ??

1) Reformat the disk using HForm to set the Risc OS partition size if you
haven't done so already

2) Load the bb_riscbsd utility which was included with the bootloader the
last time I looked.

3) Choose the relavent disk type (eg. ADFS) and drive number from the
utility menu.

At this point the utility will say where the filecore partition ends (a
cylinder number). It will then ask for the starting cylinder number for the
BSD partition

4) Add 1 to the filecore partition end cylinder number and type it in. Note
down this number for later, it is needed by the installation routine.

4) Allow the utility to do it's work

5) Try to install again

Hope this works

Andrew

DISCLAIMER: I could be speaking nonsense :-)