Subject: Re: labeling of IDE disc fails..
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/23/1999 16:04:31
In message <19990123124857.A7736@mail.netwave.de>
          ju_finck@smaug.netwave.de wrote:
>  It seems, I missed something...
Yes, but it's not your fault. It's mentioned in the INSTALL file, but:

  Second, read and perform the instructions in "arm32/<platform>/prep"
  specific to your platform for partitioning and booting (even if you're
  dedicating a device to NetBSD).

I don't know where those "arm32/<platform>/prep" are...

>  What has to be done before running the Inst-kernel ?
>  Any labeling of the disc or fomatting it ??
For RISC OS Systems you will have to prepare your hardisc before
installing:

First format your hardisc for RISC OS to a lower size with Acorn's
hdformat, the rest will be used by NetBSD.
IIRC you will have to do it even if you want to use the whole disc.
In that case you may want to create a mini partition where you can put
all the RISC OS stuff needed for bootstraping.

Then you will have to run bb_riscbsd wich is located in the loader_arc
archive (directory misc).

I hope that's it. It's a long time since my last netbsd/arm32
installation...

Bye,
  Thilo.
--=20
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sende es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zur=FCck. Danke!=20