Subject: Re: Better support for Acorn SCSI card
To: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil@thomassen.priv.no>
From: Steve Woodford <steve@mctavish.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/21/1999 21:16:20
On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Kjetil B. Thomassen wrote:

> Now, an interesting thing I noticed on:
> http://www.no.netbsd.org/Ports/mvme68k/index.html
>
> The SCSI controller chip used in this port is the same chip as used
> on the Acorn SCSI cards (WD33C93).
> This sounds like a place were code sharing should be possible,
> although I haven't studied the code yet.

Please don't study that code too much; it's a dog's dinner and needs to be
tossed.

For a *much* better example of a generic wd33c93 driver you should look at
the PC98 driver for FreeBSD in /sys/i386/isa/bs/* (from memory so the
path might not be accurate). I've been eyeing that code enviously for over
a year now. I just wish NetBSD/pc98 was a bit nearer to being imported. :(

Cheers, Steve