Subject: Re: Corel ARM server.
To: None <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/18/1999 19:30:55
On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> Hmm, I wasn't going to make a fuss, but you've stung me into it....
>
> [PRs deleted]
>
> The above weren't just problem reports, they INCLUDE fixes.  It's pretty
> galling when, having fixed something, there isn't even an acknowledgement.
>  If you (I mean collectively, I'm not trying to point at individuals)
> don't like something in a patch, then a message saying so (and maybe even
> why) wouldn't go amiss.
Hi,
  Well the responcibilty of the arm32 PR's is mine as they are assigned to
me so I am at fault for not addressing these. I'm sorry that recently I
have been unable to maintain the level of commitment to NetBSD that I have
in the past. PR's with patches certainly should be dealt with quickly. As
a rule I have normally try to incorparate the patch into a build and just
confirm that things work before committing it to the tree (this seems a
sensible precaution, though in Richard's case I don't think I have ever
actually had a problem with any of his patches). Where things have fallen
apart recently has been lack of time and hardware to do this so a number
of PR's have stayed open far longer than they should.

Moving to a new job and a new country has actually had a far bigger
impact on my NetBSD activity/support than I expected and even now, 2.5
months after moving, most of my hardware is still bubble wrapped in
cardboard boxes.

When submitting PR's patches are always encouraged and certainly if I have
any comments on the nature or contents of the patch I will try and talk to
the submitter.

I'll see what I can do about closing all the outstanding arm32 PR's with
patches in the next few days.

Sorry for the diffculties that this has caused people

Thanks
				Mark