Subject: Re: Corel ARM server.
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/18/1999 19:48:32
Note, for anyone else reading:

The cache flushing issue that caused the `random core dump' problem
has been successfully worked around -- for almost everything -- by
changing ld.so.  I've also fixed all of the ARM-related bugs we
encountered with GCC 2.7.2+ and egcs, either myself or with patches
from Richard Earnshaw -- save one that Richard sent me a patch for
today.  Between that and a bunch of other bug fixes, the ARM port is
actually quite stable; you just can't build gas/ld/ld.so from -current
yet.

We're planning to do a multi-platform snapshot of -current soon, and
Chris correctly points out that this really ought to be fixed by then.
So, I will be working on it as time permits.  It would be nice if
Krister got around to dealing with the gas problem, though.