Subject: Re: Corel ARM server.
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: None <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/17/1999 23:10:02
> On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, Darren Reed wrote:
>
> I don't know why they went with Linux rather than NetBSD, given
> that NetBSD would probably have been the easier port. Probably just
> because Linux is a bigger name.

All the versions of Linux I have worked with, including Sparc versions,
has been much stabler, and frendlier than NetBSD on ARM32.

The only reason that I still use NetBSD, is that I currently can't
afford a new machine. A lot of people has stopped using it on ARM32,
as far as I can see from the reduced amount of postings here.

It has always been in a state of almost working.

However, I actually has only one really serious critique of the RiscBSD
project, and that is the fact that user buildable sources has
never been sufficiently available, thus stopping lots of users
from contributing to this project.

Kim0