Subject: Re: shark: keyboard lockups?
To: Mark J. Foster <mfoster@mail.com>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/16/1999 10:03:30
> While I can't say for sure, I remember that some keyboards had drawn more
> power than had been expected, leading to a H/W lockup of the keyboard
> itself.  The fix was adding a moderate value cap (~10-100uF?) to the
> keyboard's VCC line near the keyboard connector.

Well, based on some printf's I threw into pcintr, that's likely not
the problem -- I'm still getting keyboard interrupts when i press a
key during the lockup; moreover, the caps lock and num lock LED's
continue to toggle as expected which suggests the keyboard is still
sane..)

Guess I'm going to have to follow the bouncing ball up through to the
X server..

> If you dig back in the archives on netbsd.org, you may be able to
> find the reference...

I couldn't seem to find it using the searchable mail archives..

					- Bill