Subject: Re: (Pre-) Announce SHARK IR / Home Control
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Mark J. Foster <mfoster@mail.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/15/1999 07:50:22
"Perry E. Metzger" wrote:

> Just one comment: I find the device names totally non-mnemonic. Its
> almost the 21st century -- can we go for something better than numeric
> names?

OK.  I'm open to suggestions!  Don't forget that you can just symlink any
name you want to the AV devices (which is how I run the Linux InfraRed
Control apps)...  Still, we might as well set a standard now.  I suppose
we could call them something like:

        uart, rtscts0, dtrdsr0, ir, rtscts1, dtrdsr1.

Unfortunately, this still has numbers in it.  We could always use 'x' for
external and 'i' for internal...  Anybody got any better ideas?

Cheers!
MarkF