Subject: Re: XF86_S3V from F dist on CATS crashes??
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Brunswick <bdb@eidos.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/15/1999 11:42:11
In <URL:news:local.port-arm32> on Wed 13 Jan, Brian Brunswick wrote:
> We've just got a couple of new CATS machines, and I've been playing with gtk. (1.1.12)
> I compiled up "mtree" that comes with a program called xap, and it crashes the
> Xserver. Oh well, I thought, till I compiled the optima version we've been working on.
> Initially, I forgot to copy across its icons, and it ran fine. As soon as I added the
> pixmaps for the buttons, it also crashes the XF86_S3V. Remove them - fine, add lots
> of pixmaps on buttons, crash.
>
> So, is this problem known about, fixed?
>
> Or, whats needed to recompile XF86 servers for arm? I naively typed make World to
> a current copy of xsrc last night, and it seems to have done everything except
> the servers :-(

OK, this problem is associated with shared memory I think.. it doesn't
crash if the same binary is being run on a different machine, talking to
the same X server on my machine.

Could it be the kernel, and the same as our other current problem with
multiple use of the same copy of the emacs binary crashing?

What really are my chances of building NetBSD-current? I just tried, and it
fell during compilation - is it worth fixing, have there been shared memory
changes?

And where do I find the arm specific X server sources too?

--
The past is a fading dream, the future mere speculation - live for the moment
Brian Brunswick bdb@eidos.co.uk   Disclaimer  !Shortsig! <SPAM_ACCEPT="NONE">