Subject: Re: SHARK TV-Out Update
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/13/1999 20:26:44
My motivation in asking these questions is really simple - I don't grok
analog video or the chips that produce it at all; I'm a software weenie. I
simply observed that the OpenBoot Firmware does a better job at generating
a video signal for basic text on all the monitors I've attached to the
Shark, via RCA-composite, S-Video, and PC-style xVGA, than the NetBSD
kernel does. That's why I filed a PR on it.

OK, pccons (pcvt, whatever) is too inflexible to do the right thing, and
it's being replaced anyway.

Can wscons be modified/configured to "do the apparently right thing"?

And if what the OF does to generate video is the wrong thing, can someone
explain why that is, using small words?

	still confused,

	Erik <fair@clock.org>