Subject: Re: SHARK TV-Out Update
To: None <mfoster@mail.com>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/13/1999 11:52:15
I filed PR#6200 on a variant of this problem: what I observed was that when
OF was in control, TV worked on the sharks that I have, and when NetBSD
took over, the signal went to hell. I see a similar, but not as pronounced,
effect on the xVGA signal, too.

Does your message mean that, modulo the hardware fix, the NetBSD kernel has
been  corrected to match the OF parameters for the IGS CyberPro 2010 video
chip? Have those changes been committed to the source repository?

As a second matter, I've spoken to a variety of people who "know someone"
who might be able to do the hardware mods for the shark video as a bulk
deal, but nothing's come of those discussions so far. I don't know about
you all, but I am pretty clumsy with a soldering iron, and surface-mount
work is so far beyond what I feel competant to attempt that I won't go near
it myself. I'd prefer someone who has experience (with steady hands and a
sharp eye!) to go at this.

Anyone know a place where we could get those surface-mount mods done?

	Erik <fair@clock.org>