Subject: 1.3F kernel T revision StrongArm problem on CATS?
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Brunswick <bdb@eidos.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/13/1999 11:32:32
Ok, to add to the deep joy we currently have, we've just received 3 CATS machines
with T revision StrongArms. On these, our own compiled emacs-20.3, refuses
to run twice simultaneously from the same binary file. A copy of the
binary file will run another copy ok, but the second time emacs is run
(whether or not the first is still running) it will crash as soon as it
loads a file. (Or some stuff in a .emacs will do it too)

Running exactly the same (1.3F) kernel, on the older CATS machine, it works.

Hmm. I have the same problem on a RiscPC S revision strongarm, running a 1.3F
kernel.

I'll try a -current kernel, if people think it will currently work at all.

--
The past is a fading dream, the future mere speculation - live for the moment
Brian Brunswick bdb@eidos.co.uk   Disclaimer  !Shortsig! <SPAM_ACCEPT="NONE">