Subject: Re: (stable) NEdit wanted!
To: Marc Theisen <arcmt@uni-koblenz.de>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/05/1999 09:44:20
On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Marc Theisen wrote:

> Hi NetBSD's!
>
> I am using NEdit 5.0.1 on my SA-driven NetBSD-system. Unfortunately,
> NEdit crashes frequently after pressing CTRL-S for saving, for example.
> When choosing "Save" via the menu bar, everything works fine.
>
> Does anybody have an idea what is going on there or are yet any "updates"
> of NEdit available?
Hi,
  Are you linking with Motif or lesstif ? Which version ?

I have found that nedit is less stable when linked with lesstif than when
linked with Motif. With the latest version of lesstif things were getting
fairly stable but occasionally I still found I would have problems. nedit
linked with motif I have found to work pretty well.

Cheers,
				Mark