Subject: Re: Mounting a disk in a SHARK (and a bit about X, too)
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/21/1998 14:25:38
On Mon, Dec 21, 1998 at 10:25:33AM -0800, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
> Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com> writes:
> > I was wondering if anyone's found a good source for mounting brackets to
> > mount a 2.5" drive in a SHARK.
>
> the 2.5" drive i've got in one of my sharks has a little metal carrier
> that it lives in.
>
> I velcro'd that to the hard/stable plastic surfaces around the smart
> card reader.
>
> Not quite a mounting bracket, but it seems to do OK.  8-)

Heh.  I used a 1/2"x6" piece of gaffer's tape wrapped around drive and
smart-card reader at each end.  Since I don't ever want to use the
smart-card reader, this worked great.  The only thing I'm somewhat worried
about with this mounting location is that the mounting hardware, whatever
it is, almost necessarily obstructs airflow over the StrongARM CPU.  And,
in fact, things do seem to get kinda warm in there (though nowhere else on
the motherboard)... no problems yet, however.